I feel I am more stressed recently and irritate easily.What could I take considering liver problems?

Dr. K. Olson

In brief: Liver problem

Assuming you suffer from hepatitis, you are right to be concerned about what meds are safe, effective and will not worsen the underlying liver illness.
One of the medications you are currently taking could be responsible. Consider lowering the dose or switching if feasible. Discuss with md. Numerous meds like Gabapentin are not liver metabolized. Doses can be adjusted. Monitor lft's on any med.

In brief: Liver problem

Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Brad Bobrin

In brief: Take something?

The first thing to do is examine your overall heath.
Is it the liver disease itself, lack of nutrition, enough sleep and exercise. Then there are things like mindfulness medication, relaxation therapy etc. First see your doc to make sure that your health isn't to blame. Then after all that discuss meds. There are anxiolytics safe in liver disease but with all meds this can be complicated.

In brief: Take something?

Dr. Brad Bobrin
Dr. Brad Bobrin
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Antidepressants

I depends on the status of your liver and what is wrong with it.
Many of my patients benefit from the medication buspirone. It generally has few side effects. I start patients on five mgs three times a day and increase slowly. The target dose is 30 mgs twice a day, and then it may take a month or two to really kick in. Good luck.

In brief: Antidepressants

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Andrea Brand