Why is it that I urinate often when its cold i'm not diabetic my urine color is normal it doesn't have a strong smell or anything?

Dr. Terry Woodard
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Vasoconstriction

Blood vessels constrict when exposed to cold temperature, and this shunts blood into the circulatory system, causing more filtration by the kidneys and therefore increased urine output.
It is a normal physiological response and doesn't reflect a disease necessarily.

In brief: Vasoconstriction

Dr. Terry Woodard
Dr. Terry Woodard
Dr. Swati Avashia
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

In brief: Cold diuresis

Colder temperatures cause the arteries to constrict and cause fluid shifts into the arteries.
This leads to increased blood volume and pressure which then triggers the kidneys to make more urine.

In brief: Cold diuresis

Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Shontae Buffington