I used two calculators to find my target heart rate, with different results. One used my resting heart rate. Which should I use for losing weight?

Pathology

In brief: Sub-science

Pretty much everything you read about "best heart rate" is rubbish.
It's produced by bean-counters, not serious folks who actually understand health. Get out and exercise as often as you can, as hard as you can, for as long as you feel like it. Hearts vary from person to person -- in more senses than one -- and that makes the world go round. Glad you're exercising.

In brief: Sub-science

Dr. Keith Johnson
Exercise Science and Heart Studies show that having an elevated RESTING heart rate (RHR) puts you at higher risk for higher body mass index (obesity), high blood pressure, triglycerides, and fasting blood glucose levels (diabetes)...AND risk of death from both cardiovascular and non-cardiovascular causes. Many things affect RHR but regular intense exercise can help lower your RHR and improve overall health. Your max heart rate, VO2, Heart Rate Reserve (HRR) and target heart rate for weight loss are more complicated & controversial. But attempting to keep your HR between 70%-85% Of your Max HR helps you to know you’re pushing yourself. With your docs permission exercise as often and as intensely as you can.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No magic number

There's no perfect number. Here a good rule of thumb.
Subtract your age from 220. This is your maximum predicted heart rate. Multiple by 60%. This is your recommended target heart rate. Example: age 44. 220-44=176. 0.6x 176=105. 105 is your target. Remember: you'll lose more weight by reducing your intake than by trying to burn it up. Any exercise at any heart rate is beneficial for dieters.

In brief: No magic number

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine