I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I follow a good diet and exercise and my metabolism has been checked and its fast. Hard to lose weight still?

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Check bmr
With hypothyroidism and difficulty losing weight, have your T3 (liothyronine) checked since that can be a problem. Alsoyour resting metabolism rate can be measured in weight loss clinics that will explain what your true metabolism rate is and from that decrease your calories by 500cal/day to lose one pound per week.
Drink water since that helps with weight loss.

In brief: Check bmr
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Exercise
If thyroid functions are normal and calories are not to excess, perhaps the frequency of exercise needs to be increased.

In brief: Exercise
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Steven Seres