What should I do when my baby gets the flu?

Dr. Annie Emmick
In brief: See his doctor
Flu causes fever and cough, and in babies can lead to pneumonia and dehydration.
Controlling fever, and pushing fluids, are the main treatments. See your doctor if your baby is younger than 6 months; has fever > 101; has other medical problems like asthma; won't drink; or gets worse after getting better.

In brief: See his doctor
Dr. Annie Emmick
Dr. Annie Emmick
Dr. Ruben Nazario
In brief: Fever control, fluids
The symptoms of the flu can range from mild to serious.
If your baby has the flu, make sure he or she is taking fluids well and that you can control high fevers with appropriate doses of Acetaminophen or ibuprofen. Signs that indicate your baby is getting sicker include rapid breathing, decreased number of wet diapers (which could indicate dehydration), and decreased activity level.

In brief: Fever control, fluids
Dr. Ruben Nazario
Dr. Ruben Nazario