Is it serious if I have very heavy heart palpitations, sometimes so hard I can see my entire left chest move through my shirt? I have anxiety problems

Dr. Darla Bryant

In brief: Could be, prob. not

In persons with anxiety issues heart palpitations are extremely common.
Without knowing your complete health history, i would have to recommend a complete evaluation before just putting it down to anxiety. If it is determined to be from your anxiety, then it is not serious. Doing meditation, yoga, regular exercise, avoiding caffeine and decongestants can all help.

In brief: Could be, prob. not

Dr. Darla Bryant
Dr. Darla Bryant
Dr. Barton Cook
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Perhaps

The fact that you can see your shirt moving is not an indication of severe disease.
It is more common in someone who is anxious or frightened. If it only occurs when you are anxious, then anxiety is likely the cause. Avoid caffeine, and you may need professional help with your anxiety.

In brief: Perhaps

Dr. Barton Cook
Dr. Barton Cook
Dr. Arnon Rubin