This is my 7th day after taking azithromycin for chlamydia and I recieved head. Will I be at risk of gettin reinfected?

Brian Fishman
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Yes and no
Although the Azithromycin will take care of the current chlamydia infection, you can get re-infected if you continue to have unprotected intercourse with a partner who is still infected.
Your partner(s) should be evaluated and treated if necessary. Besides abstinence, condom use is the only form of contraception that prevents sexually transmitted diseases. Oral sex is lower risk sex, low is not no.

In brief: Yes and no
Brian Fishman
Brian Fishman
Answer assisted by Brian Fishman, Medical Student
Dr. Darla Bryant
In brief: Low
Chance is low as the zithromycin level is therapeutic for 10 days.
It is best if you and your partner get treated at the same time to prevent reinfection.

In brief: Low
Dr. Darla Bryant
Dr. Darla Bryant
Dr. Vicken Poochikian