I occasionally have a sharp stabbing pain behind my left breast and feel it in the front and back. I have to take shallow breaths until it passes. If I try to take a deep breath the pain is excruciating. It passes after a few shallow breaths. It can happe

In brief: Be seen

Need full history and exam and testing to determine cause too nonspecific to suggest cause but sounds more pulmonary, pleuritic but there are significant causes in the list!

In brief: Be seen

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Pneumothorax or...

It sounds as though you may be having small spontaneous pneumothoraces, which is air escaping from the lung into the space between the lung and the chest wall.
If not this then you may be having recurrent pleurisy from an unclear cause. In either case, you should see a physician, and probably a pulmonologist if your internist can not get to the bottom of it.

In brief: Pneumothorax or...

Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham