My pharmacy switched me from tri-sprintec to tri-previfem this month. Why would they do that? Should i be concerned?

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Because that is

The generic they made a deal with both pills are generic but you may or may not like the new pill as much since it may have different amounts of hormones, i always prescribe brand name pills for my pts, use generics for other meds, my #1 pill is loloestrin by law a brand name has to have 90% of the active drug and most have 98%, a generic only has to have 72% at the least which can cause problems!

In brief: Because that is

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Cindy Hartley

In brief: Generic substitution

There are many medications that have generics choices.
Pharmacies will often switch between generics depending on cost to them. You don't need to be worried. If you do notice a change in side effects you can consider changing pharmacies or ask your doctor to change your prescription.

In brief: Generic substitution

Dr. Cindy Hartley
Dr. Cindy Hartley
Dr. Adam Levy