I use to slobber only when I had a cold and couldn't breath trhu my nose. Now I slobber a lot every night. Why is that?

Nicole Bressler
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Deviated Septum

You may have a deviated septum that is causing you to drool at night.
A deviated septum is when the center part on the inside of your nose is not lined up in the middle. This can cause you to feel like you have a stuffy nose & make it harder to breathe through your nose. Instead you breathe out of your mouth, causing you to drool at night. Snoring is also a sign. It could also be allergies. See dr.

In brief: Deviated Septum

Nicole Bressler
Nicole Bressler
Answer assisted by Nicole Bressler, Medical Student
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Mouth breather

Many things can cause this but what might be happening is you are now breathing through your mouth while sleeping more often than before.
It could be allergy, drug side effects, trauma to mouth or nose, obesity, sleep apnea... Successful treatment depends on finding the cause.

In brief: Mouth breather

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Steven Seres