What is the best antibiotic for curing UTI ?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: No best
Many are excellent such as Bactrim (trimethoprim-sulfa), Macrodantin and cipro (ciprofloxacin).
The best antibiotic for any specific UTI is one that the bacteria causing infection are sensitive to. That would involve getting a microbiology culture & sensitivity test done on the urine.

In brief: No best
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Gregory Hines
In brief: Depends
Macrobid is my first choice for a uti, as it works well and is generally well tolerated.
I also use fluoroquinolones like cipro (ciprofloxacin). I do not use much Bactrim any more as there is a lot of native resistance in my area.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Vicken Poochikian