Can a knee or ankle MRI without contrast show rheumatoid arthritis? Or spondyloarthropathy?

Can indicate. Mri of knee or ankle joint may shows signs of arthritis (fluid, synovitis, cartilage lost, erosions) but these signs are not specific for rheumatoid arthritis. Ra is diagnosed by blood tests and clinical history as is spondyloarthropathy.
Maybe. It can show arthritic changes suggestive of ra, but other forms arthritis can mimic these changes. A blood test is less expensive and can diagnose ra.
Yes. Mri can spot early erosive changes suggesting ra. Ultrasound can do this as well but at a much lower cost. The first thing is evaluation by a rheumatologist and having appropriate lab has been done.