My baby has diaper rash over 4 days and it has started to bleed.How to treat and what can I use to clean his bum without wipes?I tried 40% zinc cream.

Dr. Mario Reyes
General Practice
In brief: Dryness, chamomile
Most diaper rashes are due to skin macerations and brakedown due to excessive moist.
Allow the skin to get dry before placing the diaper. Using cold compresses with chamomille four times a day for 20-30 min could help. Visit your pediatrician to get better advice and to get recommendation about the use of creams and/or lotions that could help to protect and heal the skin.

In brief: Dryness, chamomile
Dr. Mario Reyes
Dr. Mario Reyes
In brief: Home made wipes
A zip lock bag, baby oil and some paper towels an provide you with with an irritant free wipe.
Us this anytime there is a skin breakdown. Combine this with gentile bun care, airing out when reasonable, and a hairdryer blowing low heat on a low setting and you can speed up improvement.

In brief: Home made wipes
Dr. Willa Terry
In brief: Gentle skin care
Clean your child's diaper area with plain, warm water. Use a squirt bottle, wet cotton balls, or a moist, soft cloth to clean your child's diaper area.
Allow the skin to air dry, or gently pat it dry with a clean cloth. Do not use baby wipes during diaper changes. Before closing the new diaper, make sure your child's bottom is completely dry. It is ok to use a drying ointment like zinc oxide.

In brief: Gentle skin care
Dr. Willa Terry
Dr. Willa Terry