I've been told that the guy im datin may have herpes, I've asked him and he denies it. How can I tell him I wanna get tested tgther be4 we have sex?

Dr. K. Olson
In brief: Herpes testing
You could volunteer it yourself with the implicit understanding that he must do so as well.
"i have friends who have done it. They found it reassuring and actually relieved any of their misgivings." it communicates that you and he are on the same level and mutually respectful. His response itself to the proposal may be revealing.

In brief: Herpes testing
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Great suggestions from Dr Olson about how to be collaborative rather than accusatory in your relationship.
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
In brief: Great idea! Do it
I applaud you for wanting to be open about such things with a potential sexual partner. It is a good idea to know who who are sleeping with, as best you can.
But, these conversations can be difficult, as you note. Asking to be seen together is a creative approach that could help you both be informed with a professional available for questions. Stand your ground! it is your body and decision!

In brief: Great idea! Do it
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Adam Levy