I have a arachnoid cyst and chiari 1 malformation with constant ringing in my ear and sometimes dizziness and nausea? Are these severe symptoms?

Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Anesthesiology
In brief: Neuro consult
Either or both, a neurologist or nuerosurgeon should be consulted.
I would recommend going to a facility/institiution that is known for diagnosing and treating this, example johns hopkins or mayo clinic-you get the picture. Its possible you might not need surgery.

In brief: Neuro consult
Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Concerning symptoms.
Hi amorebella, perhaps you know my daughter arielle who went to university of buffalo med school, and is now a neurology resident at nyu.
I'll ask her if she wants to get on the panel, but time.... Anyway, i've had a patient similar to what you have who had the arachnoid cyst removed neurosurgically, and is doing fine. Suggest a neurology/neurosurgical second opinion, presuming u had first one.

In brief: Concerning symptoms.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care