I have a scar on my eyebrow from a recent fall I cut it open and didn't go to the ER why does it still hurt my browbone looks bigger too its been nine?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Most likely scar

Most likelytrue fullness is due to the scar tissue but it could be caused by an inclusion cyst.
There are other less likely possibilities such as an undetected bone fracture but this would be very rare. Scar massage and time will help. If it continues to grow, is old see your family physician for a referral or imaging.

In brief: Most likely scar

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Kristi Kohl

In brief: Scar tissue

Scar tissue forms around healing cuts.
If your cut healed by secondary intention and the scar is thicker than would be seen if it had been repaired, it may look bigger. Scar tissue can cause pain from the replacement of normal tissues or sometimes can hurt because it pushes against a nerve.

In brief: Scar tissue

Scar tissue forms around healing cuts.
Dr. Kristi Kohl
Dr. Kristi Kohl
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine