My arm was pulled back playing basketball and my shoulder still hurts after two months. What should I do?

Dr. Kenneth Gati
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Labral injury
If your shoulder is still hurting after 2 months, you should be evaluated by your physician.
A good physical exam should be able to determine if there is a serious injury. Based on the exam either more test may be required (MRI) or treatment can be rendered. The most common injury is a torn labrum with mechanism you described.

In brief: Labral injury
Dr. Kenneth Gati
Dr. Kenneth Gati
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Get examination
You should see your pcp, orthopedist or sports medicine physician.
You could have damage such as a rotator cuff tear. The length of time of the pain makes one deserve an exam, testing and diagnosis.

In brief: Get examination
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine