I still haven't started my period after I have had my baby (now 7months) and I have recently been getting really bad cramps, is that normal?

Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Nursing?

You do not mention whether you are nursing your child.
If so, then it is not unusual to have not had a period. If you are not, then you should be seen, but hormonal imbalances are not usual after a pregnancy.

In brief: Nursing?

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO

In brief: No periods

If you are still breastfeeding, it may be normal until you stop.
Otherwise, your body returns to it's normal non-pregnant state usually after 6-8 weeks from delivery.

In brief: No periods

Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. Pavani Reddy Pingle

In brief: Are you Breastfeedin

If you are currently breastfeeding, and don't have a period, it may be normal.
If you have cramps while breastfeeding, it may be secondary to breastfeeding. If this is a new complaint, or is not related to breastfeeding, you may want to do a pregnancy test.

In brief: Are you Breastfeedin

Dr. Pavani Reddy Pingle
Dr. Pavani Reddy Pingle
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu

In brief: It can be normal

You may be getting ready to get your period now.
Is not uncommon, specially if you are breastfeeding to wait such a long time to get a period.First thing to do is a pregnancy test. If is negative i recommend to go see a doctor specialized in obstetrics and gynecology

In brief: It can be normal

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Jane Van Dis