Can poroton therapy be used on prostate cancer of 9 on gleason and psa of 21?

Dr. Michael Yu
Urology
In brief: Maybe
More information required.
I assume with those numbers that some further testing ha been done to rule out metastatic disease. With gleason 9 cancer and a psa of 20+, there is high likelihood of extraprostatic disease, based on the partin tables. I would make sure that a ct of the abdomen and pelvis as well as a bone scan have been done before making any recommendations.

In brief: Maybe
More information required.
Dr. Michael Yu
Dr. Michael Yu
Dr. Richard Sarle
In a younger pt this treatment has a high failure rate and they have no data to support it's use
Dr. Naveen Kella
Urology - Oncology
In brief: Nope
I don't think it will work.
I think you need to see another urologist. At least consider hormones as well.

In brief: Nope
I don't think it will work.
Dr. Naveen Kella
Dr. Naveen Kella
In brief: Radiation for CAP
Prostate cancer (cap) responds to radiation therapy, though radiation is less effective against higher grade tumors.
Additionally, you harbor a significant risk for nodal spread of your cancer, even if it was detected by elevated psa alone. Not knowing your age, health status, symptomatic state or clinical stage, it's hard to definitely recommend surgery, though your best chance is prostatectomy.

In brief: Radiation for CAP
Dr. Robert Donato
Dr. Robert Donato
Dr. Marsha Davis