I have had the mirena (levonorgestrel) taken out and been bleeding for about a week now how long will this last? Ans when will my body go back to normal?

Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: A week or so

You may have withdrawal bleeding for a couple of weeks after a Mirena (levonorgestrel) extraction.
As to when you will be back to normal, i assume you mean when you would be fertile again, and that can be as soon as the first few weeks to a couple of months.

In brief: A week or so

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Within a couple months at most, your cylces likely will be the same as before you got the Mirena.
Dr. Denise Reeves

In brief: About a week

The bleeding after having a Mirena (levonorgestrel) taken out could last up to two weeks, but generally is not much more than a week.

In brief: About a week

Dr. Denise Reeves
Dr. Denise Reeves
Dr. Adam Levy