How can I get my baby to sleep later in the morning?

In brief: Modify bedtime

Many parents buy into the myth that a newborn or young infant needs to be put down by 8 pm & pay the price when baby is ready to start the day at 4 am. That's fine for a 3 yo but unrealistic for an infant.
By keeping baby up later & putting them down when you are ready for bed, you can push their morning waking until later. Doing this gradually, by 15 min/day segments can smooth the transition.

In brief: Modify bedtime

Dr. Roy Benaroch

In brief: With difficulty!

It's not easy. Try to under-react when he or she wakes-- let some fussing occur, don't rush in there.
Try to keep shades nice and dark so the morning sun doesn't brighten the room. When babies become old enough to be interested in toys and books, leave some of those in the crib for am self-entertaining. Good luck!

In brief: With difficulty!

Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Shontae Buffington