I been on trinessa (norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol) bcp for a month now. During green pills I've had very heavy periods for 6 days. Usually change tampon every 2 3 hrs. Is this normal?

Dr. Lisa Davidson

In brief: A little heavy

That's quite a bit of bleeding while on a birth control pill.
You may try mononessa or another "monophasic" pill. This means that the dose of hormone in the pills does not change throughout the month. It stays consistent until the green pills, when your period is to arrive. Right now you are on a triphasic pill, which your body doesn't seem to do well with. Speak to your doctor about changing.

In brief: A little heavy

Dr. Adam Levy