I went to ER last night for possible bronchitis or throat infection the ER gave me amoxicillen and today my family doctor gave me cipro (ciprofloxacin) which one work?

Dr. Peter Corrado
In brief: Both
Either antibiotic may be adequate to treat bronchitis if the infection is due to a bacteria.
If you got the Amoxil one day and Cipro (ciprofloxacin) the next, you probably should give the first medication several days to see if it works. If the infection is due to a virus, antibiotics will not help. It's difficult to differentiate between bacteria and virus, but virus is usually a more common cause of bronchitis.

In brief: Both
Dr. Peter Corrado
Dr. Peter Corrado
Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Holistic Medicine
In brief: What about throat?
Bronchitis or throat infection? What were the findings when your throat was examined? Perhaps you needed a throat culture?

In brief: What about throat?
Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Dr. Shontae Buffington