I'm on 100mg zoloft (sertraline). I don't feel depressed anymore unless its a bad day, but I still worry constantly. What can I do?.

Dr. Kevin Nasky
In brief: See a psychiatrist
Though ssris like zoloft (sertraline) can help some with anxiety (in addition to depression), some anxiety doesn't respond.
The options include (1) switching medication, (2) adding an anti-anxiety medication, (3) starting psychotherapy for anxiety/depression (e.g. Cbt), (4) or all of the above. I'd suggest getting a referral to psychiatry to discuss specifics of treatment options.

In brief: See a psychiatrist
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. K. Olson
In brief: Continued worry
There are many who suffer from generalized anxiety disorder who do not get relief from ssri's - even those indicated for gad.
Adding Buspirone would likely provide relief as an add on. Constant worry could be side effects from the zoloft (sertraline) - restlessness and akathisia (feeling that one is going to crawl out of their skin). Are there bipolar signs - racing thoughts, irritability, hypomania? Add?

In brief: Continued worry
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Anxiety & Depression
I don't believe you should suffer with anxiety for four to seven months without trying to do something about it.
For my patients, i often prescribe buspirone. The other name is buspar. It usually helps within four to six weeks. Check with a board certified psychiatrist for the best dose for you.

In brief: Anxiety & Depression
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: At least 3-9 moMore
Treatment should be continued for 4 to 9 months following remission of depressive symptoms.
If the depression comes back then may continue medicine up to 5 years. Depression tends to come back if medications are not taken as recommended above. Discuss the issue of rhe medicines with a psychiatrist. If your depression was severe it is probably better to continue the medication.

In brief: At least 3-9 moMore
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Kevin Daus
Remember that medication is only part of the treatment and therapy can help also!