If it’s been two days, and my newborn hasn’t pooped yet, should I call the doctor?

Dr. Lawrence Rosen
In brief: Probably not
This can be very normal - if the baby is not fussy and feeding well, unlikely to be a problem. However, if the baby isn't feeding well - or you are not sure, especially if there are fewer wet diapers than expected (less than 4-6 per day), make sure you check with your doctor. Or if the newborn has any special issues - jaundice for example - check with your doctor.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Lawrence Rosen
Dr. Lawrence Rosen
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
In brief: Depends
It depends on the age of the baby and whether there are other symptoms.
Infants may not have bowel movements daily or every other day and breastfed babies even longer. If the baby is eating and comfortable without vomiting it may just be the pattern of the babies stooling.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Jonathan Jassey