How come I have severe mood swings during and before my period and it lasts 7 days with bad cramps the whole time. Why is mine so much more severe?

Dr. Louis Cady

In brief: Bad PMS

Dear bellad: there is a wide range of severity of pms (technically referred to in psychiatry as "premenstrual dysphoric disorder" symptoms.
While a real pain, yours are within the "normal range" that have been reported. In terms of the severe cramping, i would advise seeing your ob-gyn. Use of ssri's and/or also the nutritional supplement 5htp may be helpful pre-menstrually. Good luck!

In brief: Bad PMS

Dr. Louis Cady
Dr. Louis Cady
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham