Is creatine a safe product to use when training?

Dr. James Cunnar

In brief: Should be - HYDRATE

Creatine should be safe to take while training, as long as you adequately hydrate.
I always recommend getting exercise supplements cleared by your physician.

In brief: Should be - HYDRATE

Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. Michael Rosenfield

In brief: With caution

Creatine can put more strain on your kidneys and you should drink plenty of water while using it.
The best thing to do is get a well balanced diet and protein from food instead of using these types of products.

In brief: With caution

Dr. Michael Rosenfield
Dr. Michael Rosenfield
Dr. Adrian Rawlinson
Sports Medicine

In brief: Creatine study

In March 2015, a study published by the British Journal of Cancer found that men using supplements containing creatine may have a higher risk of getting testicular cancer

In brief: Creatine study

Dr. Adrian Rawlinson
Dr. Adrian Rawlinson
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine