I think my 4-year-old son is depressed. What can I do to help him?

Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Very unusual
Depression is quite rare in children this young and definitely deserves attention.
Typically, when it occurs, there is an external reason such as marital stress or other forms of chaos and uncertainty in the child's environment. Definitely talk to a professional, possibly starting with the pediatrician or a mental health professional, to get at the source of his distress.

In brief: Very unusual
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Kevin Gardner
In brief: Childhood depression
First, have him see fis doctor to be screened.
Usually at this age, just some counseling and extra attention from the family are all that is needed. Rarely, medications may be prescribed, but usually counseling is all that is needed.

In brief: Childhood depression
Dr. Kevin Gardner
Dr. Kevin Gardner
Dr. Shontae Buffington