I have mild pain in my butt when stretching my hamstring and after long runs I develop pain on inside part of my knee. What is this?

Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Sciatica

Pain the buttocks after activity, running, walking, bending, climbing, could be from mild irritation of the sciatic nerve, or the muscle that lays on top of the the nerve, the piriformis muscles.
It could also be a simples muscles spasm. The knee pain could be from the sciatic nerve irritation, but your description does not sound typical. The knee may be more simple, stress from uneven surface?

In brief: Sciatica

Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

In brief: Agree with addl info

While i agree with the info regarding the potential sciatic nerve and piriformis pathology, i think the knee issues might be different.
I have seen many runners with pes anserine bursitis secondary to shoe ware, uneven running surfaces( side of road), and overuse.

In brief: Agree with addl info

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine