If I ate a lot of fish when I was pregnant, could my baby have been exposed to mercury?

Mercury is a naturally occurring element, and is present in fish worldwide.
Mercury from industrial plants goes into the air and comes down with rainfall, which eventually ends up in lakes and oceans (oxymetazoline). The mercury moves up the food chain, getting into the fish we eat. A person who is worried about having elevated mercury levels can ask his doctor to check a blood test for mercury.

Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Certain fish have a high concentration of mercury among these are usually the bigger fish such as tuna and swordfish.
It is frowned upon to eat significant amounts of these kind of fish during pregnancy. Other fish such as flounder have little or no mercury and are safe.

Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Jane Van Dis