I woke up with a sharp pain in my right eye. What shouldi do?

Dr. John Jarstad
Ophthalmology
In brief: Recurrent erosion
This is most likely due to recurrent cornea erosion syndrome.
You will need to see an ophthalmologist and have anterior cornea stromal puncture treatment performed. It is a painless 3 minute procedure that will cure it.

In brief: Recurrent erosion
Dr. John Jarstad
Dr. John Jarstad
Dr. Harvey Fishman
Ophthalmology
In brief: Recurrent erosions
This could represent recurrent erosion syndrome where you have pain just as you open your eyes in the mornings.
Treatments can range from saline solutions (muro) to ptk.

In brief: Recurrent erosions
Dr. Harvey Fishman
Dr. Harvey Fishman
Dr. Gary Wortz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Scratched?
Pain is a good reason to be seen by an eye doctor. It is possible that you scratched your eye while you slept.
If you wear contacts and sleep in them, this could be the sign of a serious infection. Morning dryness is also common, but the pain usually goes away or at least lessens within a few hours.

In brief: Scratched?
Dr. Gary Wortz
Dr. Gary Wortz
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice
In brief: See your doctor
I recommend seeing your physician asap especially if the pain is worsening in the eye.

In brief: See your doctor
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Vikram Patel