Sharp pain behind my right eye?

Randy Burgett
General Practice
In brief: Many things
Eye pain could be caused by many different things that range in severity, including pink eye, inflammation, glaucoma, burns, etc.
You should see a doctor immediately! you want to prevent damage in order to avoid any sort of vision loss.

In brief: Many things
Randy Burgett
Randy Burgett
Answer assisted by Randy Burgett, Medical Student
Dr. Beth Friedland
any sharp pain is a warning sign that you do not want to ignore
Dr. Beth Friedland
Ophthalmology
In brief: Could be serious
Although many common conditions cause eye pain, a sharp pain behind the eye could be more significant.
You should see an eye md for possible glaucoma or inflammation in the eye, known as iritis. Smetimes sinus problems manifest as pain beind the eye.

In brief: Could be serious
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology
In brief: Couple of things
I assume no other symptoms were present.
In that case most likely dry eyes, or referred pain from like a sinus infection or perhaps a cluster headache.

In brief: Couple of things
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Vikram Patel