I go to bed at 3-4am. Wake up at 12-1pm. Does this late schedule have a negative effect on health? What are the side effects of this lifestyle? I'm 26

Dr. Ruchir Patel
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Delayed sleep phase

Based upon your sleep schedule you appear to have a circadian rhythms disturbance known as delayed sleep phase disorder. This condition does not pose any negative health implications but simply indicates that your circadian rhythm or internal clock is set for a bedtime that is later in time, i.
e., 3-4 am, and a wake time that is approximately 8 hours later.

In brief: Delayed sleep phase

Dr. Ruchir Patel
Dr. Ruchir Patel
Dr. Traci Buxton

In brief: It depends

As long as you have a regular sleep routine and sleep at least 6 hours per day, it's probably ok to receive the main portion of your sleep during the day.
If this schedule affects your daily activities, then see your doctor about tips on improving your sleep schedule.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Traci Buxton
Dr. Traci Buxton
Dr. Steven Seres