2 doctors weighed in:

Have script for full CBC to be done, but, I have a mild head cold; taking antibiotic, should I wait? Would my results be off if i'm not feeling 100%?

2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine
1 doctor agrees

In brief: Depends

It depends on why you are having the CBC performed.
If it is to evaluate the white blood cell counts(wbc's) then you should wait. If it is for other aspects such as hemoglobin, hematocrit, or platelets, then you can go ahead. If it isn't urgent, then you can probably just wait until everything is cleared so you can get more of a baseline result.

In brief: Depends

It depends on why you are having the CBC performed.
If it is to evaluate the white blood cell counts(wbc's) then you should wait. If it is for other aspects such as hemoglobin, hematocrit, or platelets, then you can go ahead. If it isn't urgent, then you can probably just wait until everything is cleared so you can get more of a baseline result.
Dr. Ryan Stanton
Dr. Ryan Stanton
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Cindy Juster
Board Certified, Pediatrics
32 years in practice
2M people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors