I have a cracked corner lip that won't heal. I've tried creams and ointments what can I do?

Dr. Michio Abe
In brief: Angular cheilitis
A cracked corner lip is called angular cheilitis in medicine.
There are many factors that can contribute to the development of this condition, including dry skin, salivation irritating the area, skin disorder, nutritional deficiency, fungal or bacterial infection. When not healing despite over-the-counter creams and ointments, it's time for you to see a doctor to address the underlying cause.

In brief: Angular cheilitis
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Also called perleche--usually caused by yeast (Candida) which can be treated with a topical antifungal such as clotrimazole or ketoconazole coupled with a topical steroid. If that doesn't help then be sure to see a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.