Something is blocking my phlem and mucus from coming up could I have an infection in my throat or neck that's preventing it?

Dr. Michael Palumbo
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Need more info

The first question is why do you think you have phlegm that needs to come up? If you are having a loose cough and hear rattling in your chest you may have an active infection in your lungs.
If however you are feeling a fullness in your throat this may not necessarily be related to an infection and this "globus" sensation may be a manifestation of other conditions such as gerd or thyroid disease.

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Michael Palumbo
Dr. Michael Palumbo
Dr. Anlin Xu

In brief: Possible

If you feel the phlegm is deep in the lungs, it could be asthma or bronchitis, which is infection of the airways in the lungs.
Usually throat infections cause pain.

In brief: Possible

Usually throat infections cause pain.
Dr. Anlin Xu
Dr. Anlin Xu
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine