Can men take hCG for weight loss?

In brief: Not needed; no help

It is well known what works for weight loss.
On your healthtap home page, just type in "lose weight" in the "ask a doctor" box, and many answered questions will be listed (there's great information in those answers). Hcg (and many other advertised magic potions) isn't needed and won't help, but will cost you money. What is known to work really does work: eat fewer calories than you use each day.

In brief: Not needed; no help

Dr. Emil Shakov
I disagree. The diet does work but must be administered by original protocol. It is not a magic potion and allows patients to be able to tolerate the 500 calorie diet as it is a great appetite suppressant. Although the studies that looked at HCG and placebo found both equivalent, what they didn't look at was the HCG groups tolerated diet better.
Dr. Emil Shakov
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Absolutely

You must do the diet under supervision of a qualified physician, injectable HCG not drops, and strict adherence to the original 500 calorie diet and not a modified version of it with higher calories.
You can lose 1-2 lbs of fat per day.

In brief: Absolutely

You can lose 1-2 lbs of fat per day.
Dr. Emil Shakov
Dr. Emil Shakov
2 comments
Dr. Robert Killian
Wow. I would add an alternative voice. Any physician recommending such a calorie restricted program has to be evaluated on the strictest of ethical and scientific terms. This Diet is dangerous. I believe the FDA is about to pull the plug. Such strict calorie restriction is DANGEROUS to your body and will lead to more weight gain in the end.
Dr. Emil Shakov
That is wrong. The FDA is pulling plug on the bogus homeopathic drops sold on internet. 500 calories per day is safe and effective and the diet is deemed safe even by FDA recommendations. You should not make statements to accuse physicians about ethics if you are not trained in the HCG diet. And no, you will not lead to more weight gain. Learn the diet and what the FDA has stated to know facts
Dr. Adam Levy