How do I bond with my newborn?

Dr. Ruben Rucoba
In brief: Lots of ways
Breastfeeding is one of the best ways to bond with your baby, and good for the health of both of you.
Other ways to bond include singing, talking, and reading to your baby. Smiling at her helps, too. Human touch is incredibly bonding, so be sure to hold, hug, cuddle and kiss your baby a lot, and stroke or caress her frequently. As she gets older, playing peek-a-boo or other games is good.

In brief: Lots of ways
Dr. Ruben Rucoba
Dr. Ruben Rucoba
Dr. Nanette Nuessle
In brief: Interact
While the answer to this question may seem natural to some mothers, to others it is not.
That's okay. Pick up your baby and talk to him. Cuddle her. Give him backrubs. Stroke her hair. Play with their hands and feet. Read to them (it is never too early). Most of all, just love them. They will know.

In brief: Interact
Dr. Nanette Nuessle
Dr. Nanette Nuessle