How do I bond with my newborn?

Dr. Ruben Rucoba

In brief: Lots of ways

Breastfeeding is one of the best ways to bond with your baby, and good for the health of both of you.
Other ways to bond include singing, talking, and reading to your baby. Smiling at her helps, too. Human touch is incredibly bonding, so be sure to hold, hug, cuddle and kiss your baby a lot, and stroke or caress her frequently. As she gets older, playing peek-a-boo or other games is good.

In brief: Lots of ways

Dr. Ruben Rucoba
Dr. Ruben Rucoba
Dr. Nanette Nuessle

In brief: Interact

While the answer to this question may seem natural to some mothers, to others it is not.
That's okay. Pick up your baby and talk to him. Cuddle her. Give him backrubs. Stroke her hair. Play with their hands and feet. Read to them (it is never too early). Most of all, just love them. They will know.

In brief: Interact

Dr. Nanette Nuessle
Dr. Nanette Nuessle