How do I bond with my newborn?

Lots of ways

Baby
Breastfeeding is one of the best ways to bond with your baby, and good for the health of both of you. Other ways to bond include singing, talking, and reading to your baby. Smiling at her helps, too. Human touch is incredibly bonding, so be sure to hold, hug, cuddle and kiss your baby a lot, and stroke or caress her frequently. As she gets older, playing peek-a-boo or other games is good.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Baby babbles Cerebral apoplexy Breastfeeding Baby Bonding Children's health Neonatal Child health

Interact

Baby
While the answer to this question may seem natural to some mothers, to others it is not. That's okay. Pick up your baby and talk to him. Cuddle her. Give him backrubs. Stroke her hair. Play with their hands and feet. Read to them (it is never too early). Most of all, just love them. They will know.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Cerebral apoplexy Feet Baby Children's health Hand Neonatal Bonding Child health