Why is it that my neck and head hurts after a night of headbanging? Do I have to strengthen my neck so that they will stop hurting?

Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology

In brief: Quit it, boy

Hello, 21-year-old who doesn't seem to understand that you're not invulnerable or indestructible: The pain is your body's way of telling you that 21 years old is the age when YOU need to stop headbanging.
There ARE things in your head that you can shake loose. If you survive your 20s w/o irreversible brain damage you'll discover that there IS more to life than headbanging.

In brief: Quit it, boy

Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: Really?

Your head and neck were not designed for "headbanging".
Anytime you subject any part of your body to stresses that it was not designed for you must expect to have pain and discomfort. My recommendation: stop headbanging!

In brief: Really?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Eric Weisman