How do you talk to a doctor about a pain medicine that an 82 year old person been taking for years an the hospital stop giving it since she been there?

Tejas Ozarkar
General Practice

In brief: Never fear asking

First, you must find out the name of his pain drugs and home vs the meds in the hospital.
Bring it to the attention of the admitting physician. It is highly likely these two different pain drugs have the same mechanism of action or stimulate the same types of receptors. If they do not, you can always ask the physician to consider the patient's home drug along with or instead of the hospital drug.

In brief: Never fear asking

Tejas Ozarkar
Tejas Ozarkar
Answer assisted by Tejas Ozarkar, Medical Student
Dr. Kevin Daus

In brief: Pain Medication

I feel the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line.
Be straight with the doctor about your concerns. It is best to be there when the doctor is making rounds.

In brief: Pain Medication

Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Adam Levy