A co-worker told me that she doen't produce estrogen due to a hysterectomy with 1 ovary, my bc feed off estrogen can I get a hystro 2 help me ?

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics

In brief: Estrogen who?

Hi i believe you are telling me you had breast cancer that has estrogen receptor positive.
A hysterectomy is removal of the uterus which does not produce estrogen. Ovaries produce estrogen in declining amounts as we age. Tamoxifen is a drug that stops the effect of estrogen in the breast-but not always-there is a question about patients who don't respond to tamoxifen.See your oncologist-please.

In brief: Estrogen who?

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
HI I do know how you feel. Keep doing all your own research, it's very important. Marci
Dr. Adam Levy