I have dizzyness and nausea with ringing in my ear and a arachnoid cyst and chiari 1 malformation will I need surgery? 

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery

In brief: Not necessarily

The dizziness and nausea are not really classic symptoms of a chiari malformation nor arachnoid cyst.
But this opinion would really need to be given by a neurosurgeon who is also reviewing your MRI of your brain. See a local neurosurgeon for a full evaluation and surgical opinion.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. K.C. Brewington
Neurosurgery

In brief: Rule out causes

You must first rule out other causes of these symptoms as the finding of an arachnoid cyst and a chiari does not neccesarily mean that these symptoms are due to them. Depending n your age, i would recommend evaluation by a pediatric or adult neurosurgeon with board certification (www.
Abns.Org). They should be able to help you sort out whether surgery will be of any help.

In brief: Rule out causes

Dr. K.C. Brewington
Dr. K.C. Brewington
Dr. Vikram Patel