I have a really sore throat but it hurts more under my chin and down the sides of my neck along my esophagus could this be an infection in soft tissue?

Nicole Bressler
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Swollen Lymph Nodes

If you throat is really sore you mostly likely have an infection in throat rather than the soft tissues in your neck.
There are a bunch of lymph nodes under your chin & along side you neck. The nodes contain your immune system cells & will swell up to fight off an infection. See your dr for exam & to see what infection you have & how to treat it so you can start feeling better!

In brief: Swollen Lymph Nodes

Nicole Bressler
Nicole Bressler
Answer assisted by Nicole Bressler, Medical Student
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Maybe,can't tellhere

Could be dental, floor of mouth, salivary gland, thyroid, mediastinal (chest) problem. See your doc.
Breathing problems, fever? See them now or er.

In brief: Maybe,can't tellhere

Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine