I'm off Lexapro (escitalopram) now for just over a week and the only side effect I experience is tiredness it's interfering with my day how long until this passes?

Dr. Laura Davies

In brief: Not long

It depends on what dose you were taking, how long you were taking it, and what other medications you are taking.
Try to stick to a regular schedule, get exercise, and you should be feeling better in the next 3-7 days.

In brief: Not long

Dr. Laura Davies
Dr. Laura Davies
Aaron Stupple
General Practice

In brief: Another week

Tiredness is a common symptom after stopping lexapro (escitalopram).
It usually takes a few days to arise, and while certainly bothersome, goes away within one to two weeks. If you are still experiencing significant fatigue for more than two weeks total, you should ask your doctor.

In brief: Another week

Aaron Stupple
Aaron Stupple
Answer assisted by Aaron Stupple, Medical Student
Dr. David Hicks

In brief: May be related

Why did you stop were you instructed to do so the side effects may actually be discontinuation symptoms and perhaps you need to stay on that dose or at least consult your prescribing physician for advise.

In brief: May be related

Dr. David Hicks
Dr. David Hicks
Dr. Kevin Nasky

In brief: Perhaps never.

Depends. Though this fatigue could be a discontinuation side effect (depending on how abruptly you stopped the medication), but it could be a reemergence of the depression that the Lexapro (escitalopram) had been treating.

In brief: Perhaps never.

Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Eric Weisman