My coworker has had scabies for a month and refuses to get treated knowing she contracted them. She insists they will die on their own. Totally false?

Totally False! Scabies are easily transmitted, can affect "very" uncomfortable areas of the body and need to be treated in order to be eradicated! your coworker is unfortunately deluded!
Itchy. Have the coworker get treated so that the risk of spread to other employees is minimized.
False. Will usually last about a year without treatment. Treatment is very well tolerated and quite safe. Your coworker should be banned from the workplace until treated. Also everyone living with, or closely associated with this person should be treated. From the time of initial infestation to the beginning of severe itch is generally about 2 months, so treat all contacts, even if not itchy. If the pers.