Is there a genetic predisposition to a certain type of plaque-small or large fluffy type? A cousin is having tests done in texas.Can types be altered?

Dr. J. patrick Tokarz

Yes yes.

Yes yes.
Dr. J. patrick Tokarz
Dr. J. patrick Tokarz
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Low Density Choleste

I think you're referring to LDL or low density cholesterol.
It comes in many forms: the small dense form is associated with atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) more than the large fluffy kind. It can be altered through lifestyle and medicine. Do you have a strong family history and/or premature heart disease in the family? You should discuss your concern with your family doctor.

In brief: Low Density Choleste

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Yu Sun
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

Predisposition to certain type of plaue is certainly, but the other factors such as life style also play important roles in the development of plue.

Dr. Yu Sun
Dr. Yu Sun
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology