I've had a headache that has become worse through the day and now feels like its turning into a migrane. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

Dr. David Hicks
In brief: Maybe
Headaches that you go to bed with and awaken with and worsen during day may indicate cervicogenic headaches from the neck, stress , or muscle contraction headache.
Migraines are less likely with out history but one headache can lead to another. Suggest as with any headache you need to be evaluated to determine the cause so propper treatment can be done. Don't let it continue.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. David Hicks
Dr. David Hicks
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Headache
Not enough information to answer the question.
But if it the first time you can try over the counter meds like Motrin or tylenol (acetaminophen) at the onset of headache and it may abort the headache.But if the headache persists and is on one side of the head and it is throbing then it suggest it may be migraine and you should consult your md, if he diagnose it asa migraine you may try trptans which are effective.

In brief: Headache
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: More detail
Headache management requires lot of information and detailed examination.
Neurologist spend about 30 to 60 minutes. I suggest to start with your doctor and may need neurologist or headache specialist.

In brief: More detail
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Vikram Patel