Hello my husband is only 38 and is a truck driver who has bee experiencing blood in stool should that b a sign of prostate cancer?

Dr. S. Yvonne Conner
General Practice

In brief: Get evaluated

Blood in the stool can be due to bleeding hemorrhoids or a small tear from passing a large stool.
His sitting for a living with little exercise is a risk for constipation. Blood in stools is also a possible sign of colon cancer. I recommend he be evaluated to determine the cause of his symptoms. Prostate cancer can be evaluated by blood test and exam.

In brief: Get evaluated

Dr. S. Yvonne Conner
Dr. S. Yvonne Conner
Dr. Bradley Younggren
Emergency Medicine

In brief: See a doctor

Your husband needs to see a primary care physician.
Although typically not an initial sign of prostate cancer, blood in the stool can be from any number of things. This can be from the not so serious (hemorrhoids) to life threatening (bleeding in the stomach or intestine). Get him to the doctor.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Bradley Younggren
Dr. Bradley Younggren
Dr. Arnon Rubin