I have pain in my heel... Is it planter fascists. It hurts in the morning, after long car rides. But doesn't bother me to work out ?

Dr. Adam Teichman
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

From what you are describing it sounds like you are suffering from text book plantar fasciitis.
The most common complaint of people with plantar fasciitis is pain with first step after rest and/or pain with first step in the morning and improves with activity. I would recommend seeing a specialist becuase the longer it goes untreated the more difficult it is to treat conservativly, .

Dr. Adam Teichman
Dr. Adam Teichman
Dr. Selene Parekh
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Heel pain

Depending on your symptoms, pain in the heel can be from plantar fasciitis, heel stress fractures, the nerve being caught in scar tissue, or a number of other things.
A good physical exam is needed to make the diagnosis.

In brief: Heel pain

Dr. Selene Parekh
Dr. Selene Parekh
Dr. SG Erman

In brief: Possibly

Plantar fasciitis hurts worst after periods of inactivity.
The first few steps can be extremely painful, and then the plantar fascia loosens up with continuous use. Unless it is severe, it usually does not bother you a whole lot after the first initial painful, until you have get on your feet for a long time. I recommend stretching exercises to the soul and ball of your foot before you get up.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. SG Erman
Dr. SG Erman
Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Classic

Your symproms are classic for pf.

In brief: Classic

Your symproms are classic for pf.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Possibly

Tru wearing good shoes and insoles and take nsaids like advil (ibuprofen).
If not better see your doctor.

In brief: Possibly

If not better see your doctor.
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine